COVID-19 Media and Community Information
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, Sundt’s number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and communities. Our COVID-19 Task Force meets daily to update our response plan with the latest recommendations from OSHA, the CDC and other public health officials so our people can continue to work – building society’s critical infrastructure while supporting their families, safely. To all of the brave men and women serving on the frontlines of our industry, we thank you.
Supporting Our Frontline Employees
Our COVID-19 response plan focuses on the following key areas:
- Social distancing
- Exposure process and controls
- Cleaning and hygiene
- Health screenings at all jobsites
Our jobsite teams are closely supported by our Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) personnel along with specially trained, third-party health and medical professionals. To keep our frontline employees informed of the latest protocols and requirements, we have established a COVID-19 hotline, a text messaging service and a COVID-19 intranet site containing a number of documents and resources in both English and Spanish. The materials are reviewed and updated regularly by our COVID-19 Task Force.
Helping our Communities
The COVID-19 outbreak serves as a potent reminder of the importance of community and the need to support one another in times of need. In keeping with our strong tradition of giving back, Sundt has done the following to support our communities during this pandemic:
- In April, the Sundt Foundation gave out $188,000 in quarterly grants to nonprofit organizations that assist the disadvantaged in California, Arizona, Utah and Texas. More than half of the money went to organizations that are at the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The company advanced an additional $200,000 to the Sundt Foundation in April to distribute as COVID-19 emergency relief funds to food banks, domestic violence shelters and nonprofit organizations assisting frontline healthcare workers and first responders.
- Sundt has donated N95 masks to healthcare workers and we will continue to donate more as additional supplies become available.
- Our engineers are exploring 3D fabrication of masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- After developing a system to bottle and distribute hand sanitizer and disinfectant to our jobsites, employee-owners in Sundt’s Equipment Warehouse delivered cleaning and hygiene supplies to local community organizations.