Sundt Foundation Donates to Valley Charities
TEMPE, Ariz. (August 6, 2019) – The Sundt Foundation awarded over $85,000 in grants to 30 Phoenix-area nonprofits during its third-quarter disbursements.
“Our Sundt Foundation committee believes in giving back to the community where we live and work,” said Cathie Gabriel, the Sundt Foundation’s Tempe region board member. “We’re proud to support 30 local organizations this quarter and help them achieve their missions.”
The Sundt Foundation awards grants each quarter to area charities that support disadvantaged children and families. Nonprofits are selected through an application process and reviewed by a committee of Sundt employee-owners.
Third-quarter grants include:
$5,000 Grant Recipients
- Packages from Home
- Ryan House
- Save the Family Foundation of Arizona
- United Food Bank
$4,500 Grant Recipient
- Chrysalis Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence, Inc.
$4,000 Grant Recipients
- Desert Mission, Inc.
- Family Promise of Greater Phoenix
- Hope & A Future
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central and Northern Arizona
$3,500 Grant Recipient
- Assistance League of Phoenix
$3,000 Grant Recipients
- Amanda Hope Rainbow Angels
- Back to School Clothing Drive
- MentorKids USA
- Midwest Food Bank
- National Advocacy and Training Network
- Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation
$2,500 Grant Recipients
- Rainbow Acres
- VerdeCares, Inc.
$2,000 Grant Recipients
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- Christian Life Outreach
- Junior Golf Association of Arizona
- Hospice Dreamcatcher Foundation, Inc.
- STARS (Scottsdale Training and Rehabilitation Services)
$1,550 Grant Recipient
- United Cerebral Palsy Association of Central Arizona, Inc.
$1,500 Grant Recipients
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- Gene Lewis Boxing Club and Youth Center
$1,000 Grant Recipients
- Dignity House
- National Kidney Foundation of Arizona
- Pearce Family Foundation
- Veterans Furniture Center
About the Sundt Foundation
Sundt’s purpose is to build environments where its clients, employee-owners and communities prosper. The Sundt Foundation was established in 1999 as a way for employee-owners to give back to the communities in which they live and work. The organization is funded primarily by contributions from Sundt employees, which are matched by the company. To date, the Foundation has awarded more than $9.8 million in donations. Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant may call (480) 293-3000 or visit www.sundt.com/community-industry/sundt-foundation/ for more information. Sundt has offices in Tempe and Tucson, Arizona; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Antonio, Fort Worth, Irving and El Paso, Texas and Sacramento, San Diego and Irvine, California.
Sundt Construction, Inc. (www.sundt.com) is one of the country’s largest and most respected general contractors. The 129-year-old firm specializes in building, transportation, industrial and concrete work and is owned entirely by its 2,000+ employees. Sundt is distinguished by its diverse capabilities and experience, unique employee-ownership culture and depth of self-perform expertise in nine major trades. Half of Sundt’s workforce is comprised of skilled craft professionals who, together with the company’s administrative employees, enable Sundt to fulfill its mission to be the most skilled builder in America. Sundt has 11 offices throughout California, Arizona, Texas and Utah and is currently ranked the country’s 54th largest construction company by ENR, the industry’s principal trade magazine.