Sundt Foundation Blood Drive Collects More Than 50 Pints

The Sundt Foundation wrapped up 2012 by hosting its first company-wide blood drive, encouraging employee-owners and vendors in the construction company’s offices in  Tempe/Phoenix, Tucson, San Diego, Sacramento, San Antonio and El Paso to give blood for the Red Cross and other blood donation services. More than 80 pints of blood were sent to local hospitals to be used for emergencies and medical procedures.

“Our first company-wide blood drive was a big success,” said Sundt Foundation President Tom
Crohurst. “We have held blood drives many times in individual offices, but never in one coordinated effort. Thanks to the Red Cross and other blood donation services, which set up and staffed on-site donation centers in our offices, it was easy and convenient for Sundt’s employees to participate. We expect to see participation increase in the future because donating this way is so easy, and the need is great.”

The Sundt Foundation was established in 1999 by Sundt Construction, Inc., as a way for its
employee-owners to give back to the communities in which they work. In addition to sponsoring volunteer activities, the Foundation distributes grants every quarter. The money to fund those grants is raised primarily through contributions from Sundt employees, which are then matched dollar-for-dollar by the company.

Since its inception, the Foundation has made grants totaling more than $5 million to hundreds of worthy organizations. Approximately 75 percent of the money goes to disadvantaged children’s issues, with the remaining 25 percent dedicated to community issues. Most grants are awarded in communities where Sundt has an established office or major project underway. Employees can
also earmark their donations for charitable organizations that benefit members of the military and their families.

About The Sundt Foundation
The Sundt Foundation was established in 1999 by Sundt Construction, Inc. as a way for its
employee-owners to give back to the communities where they live and work. The organization is primarily funded by contributions from Sundt employees, which are matched by the company. To date, the Foundation has awarded more than $5 million in grants. Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant may visit www.sundtfoundation.org for more information.

About Sundt
Sundt Construction, Inc. is one of the country’s largest and most respected general contractors. Known nationally for its innovative approach to construction services, the firm is currently ranked the
58th largest construction company in the United States by ENR, the industry’s principal trade magazine.

Download >